Blog Archive

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Law of Love

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" Jesus said to him, "‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:36-40 NKJV)

Commandments are viewed as burdensome. Grace is seen as good because it frees us from law. Yet Jesus did not preach lawlessness. He revealed the goodness of the law of love. If I first love God with all that I am, then all I think, feel, say and do follows easily. I will know a love that surpasses understanding, and will trust that such love asks of me only that which will bless me. The first thing such love asks is to likewise love each person in my life—not only brethren, but also my neighbor.

Majesty on High, Lord Jesus, Precious Paraclete, thank You for filling us with Your Love. Please let us find contentment in nothing less than knowing You and sharing Your love.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)