Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Work of Creation

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. . . . Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
(Genesis 1:1,3-4 NKJV)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV)

God rested from work of creation on the seventh day, but He by no means stopped. The work of creating magnificence from what is formless and void is still His delight. He could have brought all into existence with a single word, but stretched it out over six days as an example of patience.

The new creation work in my spirit is still ongoing in my soul and flesh. I would have rest if God had fully sanctified me with a single word, but this way I remain dependent on Him.

My Creator, thank You for life. Thank you for new life, and the light you put in me. Please make my soul and flesh as "good" as You’ve made my spirit. Separate the light and darkness in me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)