Blog Archive

Monday, June 16, 2008

I No Longer Live

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. (Matthew 27:50 NKJV)

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
(Galatians 2:20 NKJV)

Thirty years of obscurity, three years of ministry, and six hours on the cross culminated in the victory cry, "It is finished!" Jesus yielded His spirit, His sacrifice complete, His love perfected, resurrection life from His Father waiting in the wings.

I speak for myself: my defining moment was not the day I believed He died for me to live, but the day I yielded my spirit and died for Him. I no longer live. I still dwell in flesh, but it has been given over to Another, that He might continue to walk the earth in me.

Lord Jesus, I am utterly inadequate to express my gratitude to You—utterly inadequate to live for You. Show me today how to die to Self, that You might fully live in me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)