Blog Archive

Friday, June 13, 2008

What’s in a Name?

Now as they were eating, [Jesus] said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me." And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, "Lord, is it I?" . . . Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, "Rabbi, is it I?"
(Matthew 26:21-22, 25 NKJV)

My relationship with others is evident in their name for me. Only my children call me "Mom." Only my birth family uses my nickname. Only my husband addresses me as he does. In the many names of God His relationship to His people becomes evident. Scripture always shows Judas addressing Jesus as "Rabbi"—"Teacher." Jesus is indeed the greatest Teacher. He also purchased me with His blood. He owns me, and I am glad of it. I readily call Him "Lord," and surrender to all the relationship entails.

Lord Jesus, we are utterly unworthy of the price You’ve paid to purchase us for Yourself. Let us rejoice to make You Lord of all we think, feel, say, do.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)