Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life x3

"You shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning ... Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; for in the image of God He made man." (Genesis 9:4-6 NKJV)

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
(Hebrews 9:22 ESV)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. (Romans 12:1 NKJV)

Blood is sacred, for it contains life and life is sacred. God requires a high penalty for harming another’s life, whether by murder or with fleeting hatred. My life—or rather, my death—is the cost of violating the lives of others by my sin.

The shed blood of Jesus paid my death penalty. It is only now, when I truly have my life, that I may present it to Him in sacrifice, a reasonable thanks offering. Once I lay my life down, He returns it to me. Receiving life a third time blesses it beyond measure.

Almighty God, El Shaddai, thank You for the life to draw breath, for eternal life, for the joy of surrendered life. Thank You for Your Spirit’s breath upon us. Teach us to breathe deeply.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. © 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

4 comments:

  1. Very beautifully written. 100 percent true. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, please bless Clifford, and abundantly manifest Yourself to him with an exalted view of Your living waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already being blessed indeed, because I had lost track of this wonderful blog and now have found it again.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clifford, I'm delighted to have you back, and even more so to know God is blessing you through me.

    In His love and service ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)