Blog Archive

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Led by the Spirit

"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41 NKJV)

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (Galatians 5:16-18 NKJV)

My spirit wishes to please my Lord. Yet I do not do as I wish, too often giving in to the natural inclinations of my flesh and being disappointed with myself. The last component of my spiritual armor is to be watchful in prayer (Ephesians 6:18), as Jesus instructed his disciples. When I am in continual communication with the Spirit, alert to His perspective, and yielded to His leading, I am far less likely to stumble.

Father, You are good to give us all we need for our journey and the battles we face along the way. Your Son says Your Spirit is given for the asking. Please fill us with Your Spirit. Lead us not into temptation, but through it, around it, beyond it—refine us by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)