Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Clean in His Sight

For I have kept the ways of the LORD, And have not wickedly departed from my God. For all His judgments were before me, And I did not put away His statutes from me. I was also blameless before Him, And I kept myself from my iniquity. Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight. (Psalm 18:21-24 NKJV)

2 Samuel 22 places this psalm at the end of David’s life. His grave and numerous sins are infamous. But his repentance ran deep. He was a man after God’s heart with whom the Lord had fellowship. David was clean in God’s sight. The blood of Jesus Christ cleansed my sin. Though my Father may still discipline me for whatever hinders my closeness to Him, I have a relationship with Him that makes me blameless, righteous, and clean in His sight.

YHWH My Righteousness, thank You for choosing to see me through a lens colored by blood. Thank You for recompensing me as Christ’s, and not for my many vile deeds and evil heart of rebellion.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)