Blog Archive

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Purest Praise

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning? (Psalm 22:1 NKJV)

You have answered Me. I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You. You who fear the LORD, praise Him! (Psalm 22:21-23 NKJV)

Unlike the sweet grape juice often used to celebrate the Lord’s Table, the wine of covenant cup tastes both bitter and sweet—but the Christian walk was never intended to be all sweetness. The Potter’s process of breaking the flesh of clay to reshape it is painful. My communion with Jesus is a fellowship of both rejoicing in His life, and laying down my life to share His suffering. The purest worship and praise I experience seems to spring from such brokenness and tears.

Oh God, You are my God, and I will ever praise You! Blessed be Your name, both when the sun is shining upon me and when there’s pain in the offering. My life exists to give You glory.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)