Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who Others See

"You are the light of the world. . . . let your light shine before people in such a way that they will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14,16 ISV)

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them. . . . And when you pray, you must not . . . [pray that you] may be seen by others. . . And when you fast, do not look gloomy . . . [that your] fasting may be seen by others." (Matthew 6:1,5,16 ESV)

Unbelievers may say the Bible contradicts itself. Believers may be divided over differing views. The entirety of God’s Word provides balance. Harmony is often found by simply looking to Jesus and emulating Him.

If the opinion of others guides the manner in which I do good, any esteem I receive proves me self-serving—even when doing what God wants me to do. If motivated by love for my Father and His opinion, what I do is merely His light radiating through me so others esteem Him.

Father, You are the Great and Mighty God who does wonderful things, sometimes through me. Please make me modest so You are visible.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)