Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Salvation

I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech. Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You From those who rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings. (Psalm 17:6-8 NKJV)

"You who save those who trust in You from those who rise up against them" has got to be the longest name of God in the Bible. Yet who better than David could petition the Lord by such a name? His confidence and mine is that God hears me. His request and mine is not to receive any material blessing from his Maker’s hand, but to have divine lovingkindness revealed to a mere human, to be in the center of His vision, to be covered with His salvation, protection and love.

Merciful, Almighty God, I am completely unworthy of the favor You show me as you answer this prayer every day of my life. Thank You for light under the shadow of Your wings.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)