Blog Archive

Monday, May 26, 2008

Purpose of the Cross

"He who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:38-39 NKJV)

A cross has one purpose: death. I come to Jesus to receive life. If I want no more than a good life on earth, Christianity is certainly the most worthy religion by which to live. But since I want to follow Jesus into eternal life in heaven, I will also follow Him now, to the cross on which Self dies, my life ends, His life in me begins.

Self must die daily. Life in Christ increases with every decision to follow His will. Each choice I make for Self is the futile attempt to recover a life that no longer exists.

Father, You are good. Please freshly fill me with Your Holy Spirit, that I may put to death each desire in me that is not Yours. Let Your Son live in me today and every day.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)