Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

United We Stand

Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. . . . He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad. . . . Whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother." (Matthew 12:25,30,50 NKJV)

Jesus came to bring not peace but a sword in the world. His Gospel draws sharp lines between black and white in a world which prefers shades of gray. There are nonetheless two kingdoms: His kingdom, and the kingdom of His opponent.


When subjects of the true King are divided, we become unwitting allies of the opponent. Whatever my citizenship, associations, and human blood ties, I must remember who is my opponent, and who is my true family—united by Blood and Spirit.

My Father, You are Majesty on High. You have shown me great favor to adopt me into Your kingdom. Let me serve You only, united in my heart with Your Spirit and family.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)