Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome the King

Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory. (Psalm 24:9-10 NKJV)

The entrance of the King of Glory into His dwelling place is worthy of highest praise from a pure heart. Each time Jesus knocks at the everlasting door of my heart (Revelation 3:20 is spoken to His church), He should be welcomed with a joy that mirrors the shameless dance of David before the ark. The knock is the gentle voice of His Holy Spirit directing me—an invitation to yield myself, throw open my heart, and receive my Lord.

At the wedding, the voice will be of the Bridegroom Himself.

Lord Jesus, I confess that I do not always listen to Your Spirit as I should. Give me a submissive heart that yields readily and receives You in all Your fullness.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)