Blog Archive

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Beautiful, Wonderful Words of Life

The words of the LORD are pure words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times. You shall keep them, O LORD, You shall preserve them from this generation forever. (Psalm 12:6-7 NKJV)

One of the biggest differences between religion and relationship is the Lord’s Word. Religion is the words of man — or God’s Word conformed to man’s ability to carry it out. (Even Christianity falls short when it’s only religion.) Relationship is Almighty God speaking life into me. It is the trust of a child for truth from the Father. It is the tender intimacy expressed between bride and Bridegroom. It is the intense love of the Spirit that breathes into my very soul and sets it on fire. It is never about my ability to perform because I don’t have any.

Precious Lord, Your pure Word gives me my hope, inspires my faith, fills me with love. It is a treasured gift. Thank You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)