Blog Archive

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Name

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of [YHWH] our God. They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright. (Psalm 20:7-8 NKJV)

The names of God reveal much of who He is. Yet few are truly names. They are titles, attributes, adjectives that are all precious. His name is YHWH. In English, neither rendering it Yahweh or Jehovah, nor giving it the substitute of Lord, conveys YHWH as Exodus 34:5-9 does. YHWH is personal. It is the name that gives salvation as no power of earth does. It is the name of Him who declared, "I am YHWH your God . . . who brought you out of bondage." It is a name to be remembered—and reverenced.


YHWH, You are my God, who has purchased me and raised me from death. You are my Lord, whom I willingly bow before and gladly obey.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)