Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where is God?

"I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." (Matthew 11:25-27 NKJV)

My favorite study topics are Bible related—its culture, its history, its land. I love the insights I gain by understanding the Bible’s setting. Yet insights of education cannot be compared to the revelations of the Holy Spirit when I simply read the Bible itself as an earnest child, seeking and finding God because I search for Him with all my heart. Like an affectionate daddy playing hide-and-seek with a beloved child, my Abba in heaven wants to be sought, wants to be found.

Lord of heaven and earth, I truly love you as my precious Abba. Thank You for restoring my heart to that of a child if I puff up with knowledge. Please keep me mindful of my ignorance.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

1 comment:

  1. According to James Carroll in his excellent book, Constantine's Sword, which explores the long and painful history of the Jewish-Christian conflict, that beautiful idea of being able to call God Abba, even our "Daddy," was a truth first revealed to the inspired holy men of Judaism -- it was not invented by the Gospel writers although in Jesus it finds perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)