Blog Archive

Friday, May 23, 2008

Christ Must Know His Bride

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" (Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)

Joseph took Mary home as his wife, yet chose to keep a proper distance from the virgin. After Jesus was born, Joseph "knew" his wife and she bore him children, the natural result of a bride’s intimate yielding to her husband.

Like Mary, who yielded to the Holy Spirit and received the life of Jesus within her, I am daily asked to yield to the Holy Spirit, so that Christ may be reproduced in me and I will leave the practice of lawlessness, so that I do not claim His name in vain—so that I do the will of the Father.


Lord Jesus, my life is Yours to do with as You please. Let me love and know You ever more dearly, that Your will is done on earth through me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)