Blog Archive

Friday, May 16, 2008

Perilous Times

Behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him." . . . Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under. (Matthew 2:13,16 NKJV)

We live in perilous times. Evil prevails in people everywhere, from city thugs to economic bosses, from social voices to the highest realms of government. Many antichrists precede The Antichrist. If I fear man, there is much to fear—for my children even more than for myself. If I fear God, I trust that He is in control, that He sees the most secret plots of the future, that He will direct those who are His, and can protect them from even the most powerful men.

Lord, I confess that I can be intimidated by those who may bring great harm. Please draw me to remain close to You, and abide in the shadow of the Almighty, where I can hear your voice.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)