Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Amazing Grace

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of ? (Romans 7:23-24 NKJV)

I thank God! It is through Jesus Christ our Lord that I know the amazing grace that saved a wretch like me and is even now making me increasingly free. A slave who has been set free is legally free, but how long does it take to stop thinking and believing and acting like a slave? Thank You, Father, for giving so freely of Your Holy Spirit available through Your Son Jesus. Thank You for giving me in my mind greater freedom each day, to match the freedom that is already a reality but which can be so hard to live as a reality. Thank You, Jesus, for preparing a home for me where I will someday be fully free from sin’s presence. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for tolerating the sin in my members of flesh, in which You graciously come to dwell.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)