Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Heaven Revealed

But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. ... But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10,14 NKJV)

Eternal life does not begin when I go to Heaven. Eternal life began when I became Christ’s and was made a citizen of Heaven. Rights of citizenship became mine immediately, even while still I tread the foreign soil with which I am more familiar. Here is the battle of the mind: will I live as if I belong to the world I visit, or will I live as if I possess eternal life and know my true home? My home need not be an unfamiliar place, for "God has revealed" these things — He has already shown me what I cannot see as a natural man, and what I cannot help but see as I walk closely with Him.


My God, how good You are to not make me wait as long as I think I do.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)