Blog Archive

Monday, March 24, 2008

Foolishness of the Cross

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent." . . . "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:18-19,31 NKJV)

The Old Testament ark represented the presence of God’s glory and power. When it came to be with him, David gave praise "with all his might," gave offerings to God, then gave blessing and food to "the whole multitude of Israel, both the women and the men." Israel’s most glorious and powerful man was then called an inglorious fool by one he loved.


Lord, please make me know the New Testament glory and power of the cross so well that I praise You as eagerly in trials as I do on Resurrection Sunday. Please make me so unaware of both esteem and scorn that I bless others rather than seek honor. Please give me the ability to glory only in You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)