Blog Archive

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Liberty

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and . (Romans 8:1-2 NKJV)

Each July 4 is an exuberant celebration of freedom. 232 years ago we secured by shed blood our liberty from the crown of Britain’s law and oppression. How much greater is the liberty purchased 1978 years ago at Calvary!

I have been set free from the oppression and condemnation of sin – as has every other person who is in Christ. If God no longer condemns those in Christ, who are we to condemn one another?

And this is how I know I am in Christ: I consistently walk according to the Spirit and His will rather than according to the flesh and my will.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

2 comments:

  1. Lord, I post today my ongoing prayer, with confidence of opportunity for future testimony to the power and love of Your name. For Your glory, in accordance with Your will, I come before You and ask Liberty, Lord ~

    ~ from strongholds in my life, in my husband's life

    ~ from fear or ignorance which prevents love

    ~ from distractions from the better part, my little ones

    ~ from harrassment, despair, deception in the life of my brother

    ~ from oppressive sickness in the life of a little girl who loves You

    Thank You for hearing, Lord. Thank You for salvation and liberty to praise You.

    Halle-lu Yah! I make my boast in Yah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January 19, 2011:

    Lord, I ask that if there is any sin of any person, whether those I pray for or anyone in their lives, which wuold hinder this prayer, please bring clear and compelling conviction for complete repentance. I ask that if any such sin exists, that You would prevent its reoccurence, so that nothing worse may befall us. Thank You for Your unfailing, relentless love.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)