Blog Archive

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Death’s Sting

Resurrection Sunday, 2008

And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! ... If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable... So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" ... Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:17,19,54-55,57 NKJV)

What does anyone fear more than death? Jesus Himself, Almighty God made flesh, pleaded with His Father to take away the cup of death, that He might not taste its bitterness. Then in the supreme example of obedience, He said "not My will, but Yours be done." The Lord Jesus Christ drank the bitter cup of death that I might be spared its poison. The only death I will ever taste is the daily death of self, freely laying down my will as my beloved Master did. It is in this death that I know His life. It is in His life that I am set free from both fear of death and all lesser fears. It is in freedom from fear that my faith knows victory each day!


All thanks be to You, Abba God!

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)