Blog Archive

Monday, March 31, 2008

Heaven’s Currency

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul." (Leviticus 17:11 NKJV)

If the currency we’re given to spend on Earth is time, the currency of Heaven is the life of the soul (Hebrew nephesh) contained in blood. Every human will give Heaven a reckoning for how the soul’s lifeblood was spent (Genesis 9:5). The price to redeem my life was the soul’s lifeblood of the very Son of God (1 Peter 1:18-19), and Heaven accepts no substitute (Hebrews 9:22). The greatest commandment (Deuteronomy 6:5) is to love God with all my nephesh — all the life of my soul.

Precious Lord, You’ve purchased my soul with the lifeblood of Your soul. Let me not hesitate to pour out every drop of my soul in love for You as a living sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)