Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Wildflower and the Rock

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. . . put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. (Romans 13:11,14 NKJV)

Time grows short. My life is but a fading wildflower on the earth. Yet even a wildflower can make its permanent mark when it becomes a fossil preserved in rock. The flower is no longer seen, but it makes beautiful the rock upon which it pressed itself. My Rock is the Lord Jesus Christ, and there is no time to linger in sleep and comforts of the flesh when He is not yet fully manifest in the lives of those around me. Such comforts should simply give me the physical strength to love whatever people perchance across my path, and to glorify my God.


Lord Jesus, please let me use all I have and am to glorify You as pleases You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)