Blog Archive

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prone to Wander

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. (Psalm 1:1-2 NKJV)

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it ... " I am so easily distracted. I sometimes joke that there’s too much for my brain to hold and it’s starting to leak out. Truth be told, I simply allow too much in, and fail to cling to the important things tightly enough. If I found among my mail a letter from God addressed to me personally, I would re-read it over and over, and marvel that I had received such a treasure. His Word is such a treasure. He does make it personal. It’s there to meditate upon, day and night.

Thank You, Lord for the treasure of Your Word. My mind knows its value, but my heart is inclined to find other distractions. Please help me focus on You.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)