Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Grace is Not Reasonable

Let the husband render to his wife the affection [eunoian] due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. (1 Corinthians 7:3 NKJV)

Greek eunoian is "favor" or "well-mindedness" with the mind of the heart more than the mind of conscious reason. If the mind of reason is used, I cannot justify myself worthy of affection, as obnoxious as I can be. Nor will I justify my husband worthy, imperfect as I might see him. Rather, the mutual affection is with the favor of spirit that chooses not to reason, for grace is not reasonable. Grace is the product of love that loves the unreasonable sinner. God’s Word does not call it an option, but asks me to see it as my debt.

Lord Jesus, thank You for Your grace, given to me without reason. Help me return it to You as I show it to the one close to me.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)