Blog Archive

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why Am I Sick?

For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. . . But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. (1 Corinthians 11:26,28-30)

How many instances of sickness can be attributed to this one thing: sharing the communion of the body of Christ and sharing the covenant cup of His blood with unrepentant sin? I stand guilty of too quickly taking of the Lord’s table which declares my sins covered by blood without adequately considering which sins stand unresolved by repentance. I should not expect to be relieved of sickness before I’ve come clean before my Savior.

Lord Jesus Christ, thank You for the precious blood which purchased me and cleanses my sin. Please forgive me for ever taking Your blood for granted and failing to examine a heart that still needs cleansing.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)