Blog Archive

Monday, April 7, 2008

Standing Brings Falls

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:12-13 NKJV)

One of the many ironies of belonging to Christ is that my strength is not measured by personal growth, but by my ability to see my weakness. The greater my awareness of my inadequacy, the more I understand my need to be dependent on God’s strength. Yet the longer I walk with Jesus, the more inclined I am to see myself as strong. I can see no choice for God but for Him to allow me to falter, stumble, even fall so that I will remain freshly mindful of my need to hold tightly to His hand as I walk.

Father, thank You for being so merciful and gentle with me as You teach me discipline. Lord Jesus, thank You for the promise to never leave my side.

Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)