Blog Archive

Monday, April 28, 2008

Victim of Oppression

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Psalm 9:9-10 NKJV)

Oppression is a dark spirit with many faces. It seizes any opportunity to exalt one person at the expense of another. We are its victims when we are put down, and when we are Oppression’s puppet used to put down another. Oppression and Pride are close companions who constantly prey upon us. The Lord is my constant Companion and Refuge in all times of trouble. I am easily inclined to see trouble in oppression. I am in greater danger when my pride rises up.

Lord, please keep me humble. Let me be Your instrument to build up others and not drag them down. Remind me often that You alone are worthy of esteem, Almighty God, YHWH of Hosts.


Feedback invited. Post to BuildingHisBody.com "Comments" or e-mail to BuildingHisBody@gmail.com. Copyright 2008, Anne Lang Bundy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated and you can expect a reply. If Blogger doesn't accept your comment, or if you prefer
another method, I hope you'll respond via Twitter or email
(see sidebar icons or the "Contact Me" tab, above).

(Comments to older posts and will appear after approval.)